Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Referral- January 16, 2009

1/16/09- We received a referral!!!

At about 10:30 am I was paged by the receptionist at work. My assistant said that someone named L (social worker) was looking for me and on hold. I immediately knew it was good news! She asked what I was doing on December 10th. I was completely confused and said the Brilliant answer of "I don’t know- Why?". She said because that was the day your son was born. I think that’s when I started shaking. (and it lasted for hours!)
She said she was e-mailing me photos of our son. I said- send the photos and I will call you back when I get them to talk more.

I knew Ed was in a 10 am meeting downtown so I e-mail him saying- Call me ASAP- We got a referral! He called quickly and I told him the news and to call me as soon as he got done with the meeting. I called my mom and told her we got a referral and to wait by the computer for photos. The photos did not come because of the security on my work e-mail server….. so finally I guessed Ed’s g-mail password and saw his photo!!

So cute! I could not get the video to work.
I was leaving the office at 12:00 for a girls weekend in New Orleans with the Yahoo adoption group. So I scrambled to get things printed so I could take all the info with me and try to see the video- but no luck there. I talked to Ed about five times that morning and my mom two times and don’t think I stopped shaking until after I got to the airport (if then!).

Ed and I decided to wait to tell the kids after I got back from the weekend so we could tell them together.






2 comments:

  1. Ok. I read this and started crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I love how your caseworker asked what you were doing on December 10th! I still can't believe you made it to girls weekend but I am soooo glad you did!

    ReplyDelete