Friday, March 27, 2009

No news, nothing....

Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing to report. I had hoped we would have a court date scheduled by now but have not heard anything from our agency. When I called, I was told that they checked on the status and many of the cases were still interviewing the birth moms.

I was told this part of the process would be frustrating but did not actually "get it" until now. I check my personal e-mail a zillion times a day just in case there is an update and the kids keep asking what is happening and we don't have any answers.

To keep busy we are working on another care package. This one has been held up slightly because I bought a stuffed bear which is also a MP3 player. We can sing songs or read books (for the aweful singers like me) for Danny and his foster mom can play them by pressing the bear's foot. People say the baby will recognize our voices when we meet him??? We are still trying to figure out how to record into the computer etc... Paige seems to like this project but Kyle is not cooperating.

I am hoping we will hear news soon on a court date. The average wait time for a court date in our adoption group over the last few years is 56 days and we don't hit that date until April 7th. After that, the average wait for the final ruling is 65 days. We could still technically travel in June but July is probably more realistic, best case.... and average wait really doe snot mean much if you get a slow judge...

Keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding...I'm a month behind you in the wait, and I'm going nutty already. I swear, this is some sort of torture designed to make us absolutely crazy!

    ReplyDelete