Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Day!!!

It is a very happy day in our household! After no news on the courts for two months, we received word today that our hearing took place on April 8th. It feels so good to finally see some progress. I am definitely not a patient person and waiting for news has been tough!

What does this mean? The first step towards our final ruling is completed. Since we have not had any requests for additional information this is also considered good. We have been told repetitively that if there is a problem, you will be notified and no news is good news.

We received the following detailed estimated timeline with this news:
First ruling should take place 1-2 months after the court date
Second ruling should take place 1-2 months after the first ruling
travel 2-4 weeks after final ruling.

Helpful timeline? I'm not complaining, the agency just does not know how quickly each judge will rule.

This puts us traveling around June 22 (best case) and after labor day (worst case). Although in international adoption the worst case could easily get worse. I am focusing on traveling in July or August to keep sane!

I also want to congratulate the others in our group that received court news today!!! It is very fun to share this experience with all of you!! We are hoping for travel partners! I am keeping my fingers crossed for some referral news soon for some friends who are sooo ready!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Day! So happy that you finally have your hearing date info. You are on your way now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katie! We know exactly how thrilled you are to finally get some good news! :)

    Mike & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conrats on getting a first hearing! You just never know when the next two will come. Ours were super fast. My best advice is to plan, plan, plan:)

    ReplyDelete