I am really excited about getting photos and video but in reality this is getting old and I thought we would be getting ready to travel before we received our 5th update.
The courts? It has been two months since his court date and we have not heard anything. We are disappointed to say the least. We had hoped to travel in June based on the original time frame of traveling 4-6 months after referral but now I have "reset" my expectations and am hoping we can travel in August. I have heard rumors of new judges in Taichung County that are slowing the process but don't know if that is why we have seen any rulings. I'm trying not to take this out on our agency and staff because they really have no control over the courts in Taiwan and nothing they tell me can change the situation. Patience, Patience, patience... (I'm not sure it is working!!!)
I am still having trouble picturing how big he is now. As of April 30, he was 14.5 lbs but we should get new measurements from May 30 soon. Whenever I meet a mom with a baby around his age or younger I am always asking how much the baby weighs (they probably think I'm odd asking that!) to try to picture him better. Yesterday, I held an adorable little boy who is one month older than him but I am assuming Danny is much smaller based on the measurements and weights so far.




He's so cute...so squeezable! :) I love the part where he almost rolls over and the lady helps him back.
ReplyDeleteThe courts...sigh. I'm praying with all my might that we hear good news soon!
Mind my spelling... I have a student who is fluent in Mandarin and asked him to listen to our April update video. The grown ups keep saying... "Abongo" . My student told me that it is an endearing term used all the time by Chinese and it means something like cute and chubby baby. Just thought I would share for what it is worth.
ReplyDeleteJami
Oh he is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHis little smile cracks me up. He really looks llike he has ALOT of personality. He really is a handsome little guy.
ReplyDeleteHi Katie...thanks for posting on my blog. Congrats on your first ruling! Maybe we will be in Taiwan together.
ReplyDeleteI ask Mom's the same thing...how much their baby weighs. I know it is a weird question, but I too want to picture how big she is!!!
Best of luck!