On the other hand Paige loves getting her picture taken....
Paige waited in a very long line for this "arm painting". Since pictures for her dance recital were that night Ed was smart to suggest they paint on her arm (not face). He is good!BOB???
As I posted several months ago, Kyle is pretty sure Danny should be named Bob. I don't really know why but he has explained that Bob was the name of his imaginary friend. I imagine this makes total sense when you are 7??
Not to offend anyone out there named Bob, but we are not really fond of the name. Whenever we refer to "Danny", Kyle corrects us and says "Bob". He now has Paige doing it. Paige will sometimes refer to him as "Danny" but many times he is "Danny Bob" to her. So he is Yao Chung now, we will start calling him Danny when we meet him in Taiwan and then when we get home the kids will start the "Bob" or "Danny Bob" thing. I'm afraid we are going to have a very confused baby....
I mentioned to Ed that maybe instead of keeping part of his Taiwanese as the middle name we should consider Robert so this Bob thing makes some sense but he was not sold on that idea. Any ideas?
Getting Ready-
It has been two weeks since our Civil ruling so we are getting ready with the hope that we get a quick final ruling. Although the agency says to expect 6-8 weeks, some families get this as quick as three weeks and I want to be ready so we can travel as quickly as they can get an AIT appointment for us.
Danny's clothes and meds are packed. Gifts are purchased. My arms are sore from the tetanus booster, Hep A & B shots I received this week. (Not required but my doctor recommended so I got them). I have been throwing all the stuff we want to bring on the trip into a laundry basket which is already overflowing. I will definitely have to pair this back... we typically travel very light so this should be interesting...
I even changed a diaper this week for the first time in forever when my nephew visited. I initially put it on backwards- evidence that Paige is almost 5- WOW!
A few more things to do (like put the crib together) but all are manageable.
Rulings-
I was excited to hear that two friends received Civil rulings this week!!!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you all and wish quick finals for you. Unfortunately, I also know several families still waiting for court dates, ruling and referral news- which is really really hard!! While the wait for referral and rulings is difficult, but I think it is much easier when you witness progress (like this) along the way. It gives you hope for your own case seeing that things do move along (however slowly). Another friend return from Taiwan with her baby this week! It was fun to follow their journey thru their blog. Congrats again!
That is all for now- keep your fingers crossed for news of a ruling soon!
.png)




I'm so excited! :) I feel like you...our Sara will be five in September and I really am scared I don't know what to do with a baby! Ahh! I'm sure just like riding a bike, it will all come back.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you end up getting as gifts? We are befuddled on this one.
I hope you hear on your final VERY soon! :)
The Bob thing cracks me up!!!! Kids are SO funny!!!! However i do hope you figure out a way to "make" the kids call him Danny!!! :-)
ReplyDelete