Next we went to the handicraft market for souvenirs and a buffet restaurant for lunch. You fill your plate and they charge you based on weight. No names on the foods so a little guessing is involved but all went well. I got a little deep fried ball which tasted like a donut but I forgot to ask Alex what they called it. I think I tried some kind of pickled squid or octopus. Anything pickled tastes good to me. Love the pickled cucumbers!
Next on to the jade and flower market. You get to negotiate here which was fun. It is good Danny is not a girl or I would have had to buy more there for the future. I did get a beautiful pair of earnings. Ed (strategically?) went on ahead (with the money) and I almost did not get to get the matching bracelet but he reappeared and I demanded cash! Just kidding!
Nap time because we are going to the Snake Alley Night Market at 8 pm. Ed is usually falling asleep at this time each night so this could be interesting!
At Chaing Kai-Shek Memorial
Looking towards roadway











Great pictures Katie!!! I LOVE the last one with Danny's big smile!!
ReplyDelete