We are leaving to meet Danny in about an hour. We were able to go back to sleep last night so we feel as ready as possible. We are very thankful to have had the extra day before pick-up to get acclimated.
Our referral was January 16th so it is almost 6 months to the day from referral to travel! This is quick compared to some families so we are very lucky but I have to say it seems like so long ago when we got the call. Mostly because of the mental preparation for our family dynamic to change. I don't know if that makes sense to you. Its hard to put into words.
We met another American family also adopting this morning at breakfast. Robin and I had e-mailed last week and shared our blogs so I knew it was her right away. It was nice to talk to them and meet their kids. I'm sure we will connect again during our stay.
We found a grocery/everything store (A mart) this morning and picked up misc stuff. Bloggettes remind me to write out a map before I forget where it was if you want to know. (on the road with the MRT station (city hall) a few blocks east of the (Agora) hotel, next to a Starbucks, underground- clear as mud?)
Other random thoughts-
No iron in the room- If I look wrinkled in the big day photos it is Ed's fault. He says you can't tell...
Taiwan beer tastes like Old Style in a can!
Shrimp dumplings are even beter than the pork ones (yes, for breakfast)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Super excited for you guys!! Just can't wait to finally see pictures of the happy family! We just loved the Agora and Taiwan...hope you have fabulous journey. What memories you will have!!
ReplyDeleteLori (bloggette :) )
So excited to see the next pics you post!
ReplyDelete