Friday, July 10, 2009

Travel Plans

Here is the plan:

Leave Sunday night
Arrive in Taipei Tuesday morning
Danny will be in our arms Wednesday at midday!!
Friday morning AIT appointment
Monday back to AIT to get the visa
Depart Monday night
Arrive home Tuesday midday!!!

I am feeling excited, anxious, sad and many other emotions.

We received new photos of Danny tonight which we always love. Until now we have never been able to look at these knowing we would see him soon and never have to rely on others to sent these again. Now I can finally envision him in our arms!

He has two bottom teeth! Although I am sure he is in a great foster home, it still makes me sad that we missed this time with him and he missed this time with us and his brother and sister. I am so happy we will be there soon before we miss any more of this precious time. I am sad because I know Wednesday will be difficult for him going to a strange place (hotel) with complete strangers (who may look and smell funny to him) and can't imagine what his terror would feel like.

I am excited to see Taiwan and am not overly concerned about the language barrier and travel. (maybe I should be more wooried about the language barrier!) I must admit that I am a little more anxious about getting home, feeling jet lagged and bonding with Danny while giving Kyle and Paige the attention they will want. But most of all I am excited to finally hold our son!

I am not at all worried about Kyle and Paige during our trip. We are very thankful they are spending the week with my brother and his family. They are in good hands and will enjoy their cousins (and the pool!). Thanks John & Alex!

Before we leave and get wrapped up in the travel, touring and bonding, I want to thank our amazing agency and social worker for their time, efforts and attention to detail. I don't want to jinx anything but so far we have had few hickups in the process and I think this is primarily due to their attention to detail (and some dumb luck!). Thanks L!

I also want to thank my bloggette friends. Because you all said to get ready and answered all my random questions over the last few months we are ready and not in panic mode. (which is very good because I am not fun to be around in panic mode- just ask Ed).

No comments:

Post a Comment