We took the MRT (subway) tonight to Ximending. We planned to purchase a reusable fare card for the MRT but went to the wrong machine and ended up with two plastic tokens. Of course everyone else had the fare cards so we could not figure out how to use the tokens. After trying to ask someone who told us what we already knew ($NT50 on each token) he motioned on how to use it and it worked. Besides paying double for the train ride than we needed to, it was easy after that.
Ximending- I don't know what to compare this area too. I have never seen such a densely populated area of shops, restaurants, food stands, tattoo parlors. There were many pedistrian streets and small alleys to walk thru. Tons of poeple even though it was really hot and humid. Mostly young people walking around- WOW I sound old!. Interesting, but not our thing. We found a quieter area nearby with a bunch of restaurants outside where we could relax and people watch.
We are very tired and done for the day. I am betting on waking up at 5 am, Ed says 4am. Hopefully neither of us is right! We leave to pick-up Danny at 11 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment