Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Year Ago Today

The absent blogger is back. Probably just temporarily...

Above and below are some recent photos of our boy (Danny/Bob) at 19 months.








and one year ago in Taiwan! Wow- What a change!



One year ago today we held the most amazing 7 month old baby, our son, for the first time in Taichung Taiwan! It was an amazing, long awaited day.


Adopting Danny was the best decision we have ever made and he completed our family. (How quickly I have forgotten the nights of little sleep in those first few months! ) Besides the sleep issue Danny has been a joy!


Danny at 18 months--


He has an amazing smile and two dimples.


He loves to be tickled, chased, and held upside down.


He loves remote controls, I-pods, cordless phones and cell phones. He has already made a few phone calls on my iphone when I was not looking!


He loves music too!


He loves fruit and is a really messy eater (eating yogurt with fingers is common)



He has recently started giving kisses (opened mouth)


He says Mama and Dad but not much else


He is always on the go!


We feel very blessed to have Danny as our son !


The older kids dot on him most of the time. They still call him "Bob" and have their friends calling him that also.


We have plans for a fun outing for "family day" and I will try to post photos this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....LOVE the new pics. He's finally getting some hair!! He's SO handsome. Can you believe it's get a year already?? Wow...that went so quick.

    Tessa loves my iphone too, and has also made a couple of calls, lol! Those Taiwanese techies. :) And she also doesn't say much more than mama and dada...good to hear she's not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great! I just decided to take a look and see if anyone updated their blogs... I was not expecting yours to be on my list:) I am glad that it was! Po is just about to turn 18 months old on the 17th and I was just thinking about the huge strides he has made and the changes in him since Taiwan... And Po has also made some calls with the house phone to the same number in Las Vegas many times! The number ends in 8888! Those people probably hate us...well... come to think of it maybe it is a hotel or something!!!! I will be looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!! I was so happy to see your blog update. Danny is so big and beautiful!! Wow, how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....I'm so sorry to be so very far behind!!

    Congratulations on one year home with your darling son!!

    It was such a treat to see you all again July and I hope we can do it again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete