Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Wow! The last week has been very busy, festive and fun! I took the entire two weeks the kids are off school and the day care is closed off work this year for the first time ever! The extra time with the kids has been great. I may have to do this every year!

Last week began with going to Tangled with my girl. Kyle went to another movie with a friend and Danny took a nap with the babysitter while we were gone.

Tuesday began with friends over for Kyle (and P following along) then ice skating with friends and more time playing with friends.

Wednesday was our day in the city with Aunt D. It started with seeing her apartment then a great lunch in a "borderline" neighborhood. The food was amazing but the broken window in our min-van sidetracked our plans some. I have been told this was a "smash & grab". My not so fancy t@rget tote bag which held only diapers, wipes, gloves and hats must have looked like a purse someone wanted. Luckily there was nothing valuable in the bag and they did not see the i-pad under a newspaper in the van in their rush. The nice people at the restaurant directed Ed to a glass repair shop nearly and it was in stock and fixed in less than an hour. The kids and I spend the hour at Aunt D's apartment visiting. Our revised plans includes the new "Ledge" at the SE@rs Tower. WOW! Pictures later... No we did not pay $28 for the professional photo. Then we had a great pasta dinner and took Aunt D home.

Thursday the kids had cousins over to play for the morning, I made Monkey Bread and then they made a ton of Christmas cookies at Aunt Alex's house (while Danny & I finished my shopping). This is the second year Alex has invited all the cousins for this and Paige loves it. Kyle just eats!

On Christmas Eve morning the kids constructed and decorated their gingerbread houses (it's hard to get the roof to stay on!). Danny participated by sneaking and eating candy. The kids loved hanging out in PJ's all morning, something we have not done all week! We made fudge and Reindeer Feed too! Before long it was time for mass and then to dinner with my family. The mass was crazy crowded but wonderful. I love going to mass on Christmas Eve, seeing everyone with their entire family, dressed up, the church looking beautiful and singing the Christmas carols. (It brings back memories of going with my family and checking out all the older boys with my sister.) I want to thank my mom and sister in law for cooking Christmas Eve dinner. It was terrific! and it was great having the extra room- thanks Alex.

Christmas morning was early (7 am) but so much fun. Santa was very lazy this year and nothing was put together or charged so it made for a busy few hours. Santa did not bring everything on their lists but they seemed happy. Then off to my cousins for dinner with the family. Again, I ate too much and thank Tricia for hosting and Mo for handeling the choking incident.

At this point, I needed a nap!

Since Danny developed a fever Christmas night, he and I skipped the Ohio portion of the celebration and are laying low at home. He loves Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse and I am thankful for on-demand!

Hopefully in the next week I can upload and post some Christmas photos. I am planning this week to be quieter with more PJ and reading time.

I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas. We feel very blessed to have three wonderful kids who make us smile everyday (Yes and try our patience too but less of that than the smiling).

For 2011 I wish for referrals for all my friends that have been waiting so patiently! I have enjoyed watching the kiddos grow on all my friends blogs and can't wait to see more babies!
I was going to say I will be a better blogger in 2011, but that may not be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment