Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 6- Sunday morning

Our morning photos-





Ed's not so sure of this one...

As you can tell, we have been very busy seeing the country and enjoying Danny. He is an agreeable baby and is happy to sleep in the car, roll around the floor at the hotel or be carried where ever. He is very talkative and likes to look in the mirror. His foster mom called him Sho Mento (little steamed bun) for his round chubby face and he will give you a big smile when you call him that (and most other times).

I am thankful he is not crawling but it won't be long. They start the babies on baby food later here so he has only gotten cereal in his bottle and teething biscuits so far. We will start the foods when we return home as we don't want any reactions or issues during the long plane ride(s) home.

Because he is so easy going it is hard to tell how he is adjusting. He has been somewhat fussy the last two nights around 9 pm but I don't know if that is all the touring or realizing he is with strangers. He was fascinated with an Asian woman from Australia on the cable car yesterday and I think it was because she had freckles like his foster mom.

Many people here speak a little English. In the hotel it is great. As we tour, it depends on where we are. The younger people speak it better than the older folks as they now learn English in school here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...he is sooooooo cute. I just love his smile. It sounds like you are really seeing alot of Taiwan. What a great experience. I am looking forward to going even more after following your trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Danny grabbing his feet! SO cute!

    BTW, I just read "Lucky Girl" and it explains why they wear gloves and umbrellas even when it is not raining. A really good read when you have time, ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nickname is adorable!! What a fun thing to call him now and then!

    ReplyDelete