The drive there was pretty with a winding road up the mountian with views of the river below as we went. Ed was impressed with all the bicyclists climbing the hill and we considered dropping him off and having him meet us at the top.
When we arrived we cheked out the largest waterfall in Taiwan (very pretty) and took a cable car ride up the mountian. Here there is a park-like setting with lots of stuff to do, a hotel and restaurant. They called this an amusement park but I'm not sure that is really the right word. If we had Kyle and Paige with us they would have loved it and spend most of the day walking on rocks in shallow water, getting soaking wet, feeding fish and riding a few small rides. We fed the fish, walked on the rocks and trails, took out a rowboat, ate, did archery and Ed did a small obstacle course. Alex (who is 17) described the obstacle course as for teenagers so Ed had to do it with him.
When we were done here we went to the Agoriginal show. Warning bloggettes- this requires participation- but fun! Danny thought the show was a little loud so Ed took him out for a few mintues and until he settled down and then fell asleep.
Ed and I both agreed that this was our favorite day of touring so far. It had a little of everything. Mr. Yeh and his son Alex are really teriffic to the families visiting. They are more than drivers or tour guides. They are our hosts and want to make sure you enjoy yourself while experiencing the culture. They nudge you to try new things but not too much. Each time they order (food) for us, I am pleasantly suprised that I love it or like it but it is not typically anything too wierd.
When we returned to the hotel we went to dinner with the Kellers at Din Tai Fung (again).
Alex & Danny
Wulai Waterfall



















Wow, this is so wonderful to read when we're so close to going ourselves! Yours is the most detailed account of Wulai I've read and now I definitely want to go! :) LOVE the obstacle course....my Todd will want to do it too! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you got Danny's visa already...will you come home early?
Katie,
ReplyDeleteThis is the first chance I have had to follow your blog since you left for Taiwan to get Danny! All I can say is that he is so beautiful!!! I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes as I read your story! Congratulations!
Jami
Yum Din Tai Fung (sp?), I am craving them now! Glad you liked Wulai. We must have missed those ropes, we would have loved to have done that. Oh and did I mention that Danny is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteKatie I LOVE all the pictures!!!! It looks like you guys are having SUCH a great time and it also brings back so many memories!!!! I really like the picture of of Ed and Giant tribal guy!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteSO JEALOUS that you've been to Din Tai Fung twice!!!!! But glad you seem to like it as much as we did!!!
Wow! We totally missed the obstacle course or the opportunity to go boating at Wulai! How fun! LOVE all of Danny's smiles!!!
ReplyDelete