Friday, July 31, 2009

Home 9 days already???

Wow! I can't believe we have been home over a week. It has been a blur! Between getting together with friends and family, unpacking, organizing all the photos and papers, and fun outings with the kids, it has flown by.


Danny is doing great! I think? Because he is so easy going it is hard to tell how he is adjusting. We are starting to see him look for Ed or I in the room if there are others there. We made the switch to American formula with no issues an he is loving the cereal.


He has two more teeth popping thru on the top so I am blaming the minor crankiness to that. The last few nights he has woken a few times but typically goes back to sleep with the paci and a rub on the back. He did not wake at all in Taiwan so I am unsure what this is about.


Danny got to meet his Grandma from Ohio this week when she spent the night. It was nice to have her here. The big kids could not wait and wished she stayed longer.


Danny had his first trip to the pool Monday and enjoyed splashing in the water and sleeping in the stroller. I forgot the camera so will have to get photos next time.


Below are a few photos from the last few days. Danny is not in the blueberry picking photos because he was in the baby carrier on my back. 5 lbs and $8 worth of blueberries seemed like a lot for our short stay there but they did not last long. Both kids got to pick something to make with the blueberries. Kyle made an apple and blueberry crisp and Paige made blueberry muffins. Both turn out great and they really did all the work (except cutting/peeling of the apples and the oven of course!) Ed got home and the blueberries seemed to disappear!










Paige & Abby Blueberry Picking

So cute!



Thumb wrestling
In action..


The start of the day... he hates photos... she loves accessories...






Working much harder than we expected...



Playing with a stick... not so interested in blueberries


3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Danny is doing well. Love the blueberry picking pics too! That is great that he is such a good baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    This is the first time I have had a chance to check your blog-what a great job you did with all the touring photos-you guys are great explorers!!
    Danny is simply a gem-so adorable, and adjusting so well-I LOVE the pic of him looking up at Ed in the van on the way from Gotcha day!!
    So happy all the family is well-and life is going along normally!!
    Now I am getting excited to go back to Taiwan again!!
    Blessings
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, Love the updates!!! Danny is sooo cute and I just love his chubby little cheeks, what a beautiful family! Julie

    ReplyDelete