On Thursday, I took Danny to the pediatrician. She said everything looks good and he weights 17 lbs 10 oz. Once we get his immunization records in English he will get whatever shots are needed. She was pleased with his color and weight. He is in the 25% percentile on the US growth chart.
We attended the Dragon Boat Races in Chicago on Saturday. It was nice to meet several other families who brought their kids home from Taiwan in the last few years. Paige enjoyed the crafts and Kyle was most interested in eating. Danny was happy as long as he was in the shade. For coming from the hottest place on earth (maybe I'm exaggerating) it is surprising how much he dislikes being in the sun.
Below are a few photos from the last few days. Kyle is in a "no photos" stage but Paige is happy to be in every one.




Katie,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to take a moment to say how wonderful it was meeting you and your family this past Saturday at the Dragon Races. I'm only sorry that we did not have a chance to say our goodbyes before we hustled off to keep our lunch reservation with our group! I would have liked to have chatted a bit more!
Danny is just a doll and has such a sweet disposition. I also took note of his recent check-up stats and yes, our little dumpling was a bit bigger at that age, so chances are your little guy won't be quite so big at 12 mos.!! :) I know you said you were not quite ready for that! lol AND gosh, they sure do grow so quickly....
Welcome home one whole week!! Congratulations on your beautiful family.Please keep in touch as you are able.
Lisa Mama to Lauren and Baby Tyler(Taiwan)
www.destination-taiwan.blogspot.com
Katie, I just adore the photo of Paige and Danny on the floor...that is adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are getting into the groove and all is settling well.
And how exciting you got to go to the races!! It sounds wonderful to have met some of our blogger buddies!
Hope your first full week home is great! And Danny sure is a cutie pie!
Jennifer
Love the pics. Looks like everyone is doing great. Paige looks so happy with Danny. And Danny is just adorable! Love the first pic. Tami
ReplyDeleteLove the family photos!!! Glad you're all doing so well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! So great to hear you already got to go on a cultural outing with Danny, very cool!
ReplyDeletethose pictures of Paige and Danny are SO cute!!! Looks like everyone is settling in nicely!!!
ReplyDelete