Last night I was happy to get the photos up on the blog but struggled with how to describe this day.
The ride to Taichung seemed very long I'm sure due to the nervousness and excitement we felt. As we got close, we stopped at a rest stop we witnessed our first non-western toilets and Mr. Yeh wanted us to eat. I understand that it would be a long-time before we were back in Taipei but could not think about eating. He did buy us a delicious pork stuffed bun.
After a quick stop at the agency to pick-up the SW and drop off gifts, we were off to meet the foster mom. We did get a written list from the SW of his food, sleep and habits here which was really nice to have it documented to reference. And this eliminated half our questions on the list. We gave the cameras to Mr. Yeh and his son Alex.
When we got there the foster mom was holding Danny at the door. We was so cute and much bigger than I expected. With some of his black hair spiked up and a big smile. Knowing the protocol depends on the babies personality, I was surprised when the FM (Ms. Ton) handed him to me.
He did not hesitate and we all just started talking and it was all quick but comfortable. I could not get a good smile from him but he did not cry. The foster mom described him as a happy baby who likes to roll and only gets upset if held too tight or is hungry. The foster mom almost cried and seemed quite attached to him. Since we did not have to ask about the food/sleep stuff I was glad we could learn more about her and her family. After more photos we were gone. It all took about a half hour.
We went to the baby store and picked up the formula, diapers, cereal etc. We then met is birth mom back at the agency. We are so thankful she was brave enough to meet with us and we can tell Danny about it and show him photos when he is older. Before she told us she had visited him at the agency, it was obvious as he looked up at her when she talked that he recognized her voice.
Then back in the van to Taipei. The ride flew by as we gave him a bottle and got acquainted. He fell asleep for the second half of the ride. Once we got back to the hotel we did start to get good smiles from him. He loves rolling on the ground and playing to the toys that make noise. Besides uploading the photos and a quick run to the department store, we spent the evening getting acquainted and playing. (We forgot to buy a thermos for the hot water for bottles at the baby store). He was not totally sure about the Ergo carrier but did fall asleep in it eventually. If he fusses to much in it we may buy a stroller today and use both. He loves to be touched and held, the carrier may just be too tight.
After going to bed around 9:30, he slept until 6:30 and would have slept longer but we were loud knowing we will need to eat before starting our touring. He woke once around 10 but easily went back down.
We are off to explore with Mr. Yeh's friend because Mr. Yeh and Alex are taking another family to Taichung today. (Good luck C&C!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow, what an emotional day! How wonderful that you got to meet Danny's birthmom. Someday, he'll treasure those memories, I'm sure. Hugs! I'm so happy for you!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic first day! I'm thrilled you got to meet his birthmom and get lots of good photos. And I'm glad he's a good sleeper!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletepinch yourselves... he is yours....
And adorable. enjoy the rest of the trip....
great things come to those of us who wait for them.... So happy to see you both holding your
beautiful son.
Katie, what a beautiful day. I think reading of Gottcha days will always make me remember ours. Danny was so cute in referral pics, but the pics with you are so much better. He seems like such a happy and healthy little guy. More alive, real, energetic(?, not sure of the best word) than in the updates. So glad you got to meet the birth mother, what a treasure for Danny later. can't wait to read more updates.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful day. I am glad that he is at ease with you and is already giving you smiles. It took Bella about 3 days to give us a lot of good smiles and it was amazing once they came because they never stopped.
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing day. I am so glad that Danny is adjusting quickly. He is just so darn cute. How brave of his birthmother to have this meeting. So glad you were able to get pictures that you will be able to share with Danny. That is so special. Enjoy your day. I am looking forward to the next post:)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing day, I'm sure you must feel elated but exhausted. So glad for all of you that you and Danny's Birth mother were able to meet.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome that you got to meet Danny's birth mom!!!! That's great that the day was so comfortable for all of you! And I'm happy to hear that he's sleeping so well too! Enjoy yourself today and I look forward to seeing more pictures of the 3 of you together!
ReplyDelete