Monday, September 21, 2009

New photos and blogger retirement

Friends of ours gave us a sitting with a local photographer and here are the amazing results (Thanks again!) ! The photos of the entire family were trying but worth it since we got a few good ones. Here are some of the kids.

























It has been two months since we came home from Taiwan. There are too many words in my mind to put on paper in this post so I will just say that it has been amazing to have Danny in our family! Like the typical third child, Danny has already spent a lot of time at the soccer and baseball fields and is happy to people watch where ever we go.


Danny has big smiles for all of us but the most for his big brother Kyle who asks me many mornings to wake "Bobby Bear" so they can play. Paige still needs extra attention and one-on-one time away from her brothers. A good excuse for a girls manicure- right?


Although the days are flying by, I am pleased that the to do list (trip photo album, social security card, shots, social worker visit, re-adoption hearing, photos, thank you notes and it goes on...) is in good shape. When we went for our re-adoption hearing last week, we met two very nice families who adopted boys from Korea and China. Although we all had very different adoption experiences, we had a ton to talk about and the time together flew by.
Danny is almost on track sleeping. We have a regular nap time but he still wakes some nights and needs the paci or some rocking and a bottle on a really bad night. At least this does not happen every night. He loves all the baby food and is starting to eat some table food. No crawling yet. I am starting to think he will be one of those kids that goes straight to walking. He gets everywhere by rolling so why crawl? He is trying to pull himself up on furniture but so far has needed help there also. He is a very nosy boy and loves going places where there are lots of kids, people and things to see. This is good since we seem to always be on the go!
I think this will be the last post on our blog (unless I change my mind!). I enjoyed blogging during our wait to travel probably because it was a good outlet for my thoughts and frustrations (although those I mostly wrote in my mind and never posted.) During the trip I loved blogging as a way to share the journey with friends, family and even strangers waiting to travel. But now, I feel bad that I can't seem to make time for blogging and would rather have that time with the kids. I still enjoy reading others blogs but find that the time to do even that has been limited. I can't imagine what it will be like when I'm back at work full time!
Thanks for following our blog, making comments and I hope all those "waiting" get the call soon. I feel for your frustration but when your babies are home you will look back on it as preparation time (I hope!).
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Katie!!!! I especially love the last one!!!!

    Bummer that you're not going to keep up with the blog, but I do understand and who knows, maybe you'll have a change of heart!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful! The photographer really captured the essence of your kiddos! They look so joyful all together!

    I too will miss your posts, but hope to stay in touch! Take much care and thanks for letting us peek in from time to time!
    :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see you stop blogging, but certainly understand. There is never enough time in the day. You will have to keep us up to date with photos at least.
    Love the pics of the kids. The photographer did a great job. The last one of all the kids is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Completely understand about finding the time to blog but hope you will still be able to post photos from time to time.

    ReplyDelete