Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to say hello....

How did it get to be mid-February? I knew it has been a long time since I blogged but it kind of got away from me.

Feeling very bad I looked in my phone for whatever (decent) photos I have and found these from our children's museum visit after Christmas.


He is always moving so this was the best I could do...

Fixing the Alligators broken tail...

Our future "pet" doctor- with face painting of course!
Danny is doing terrific and totally fits in our family. He is pretty easy going most of the time, but in the morning and after work he wants to be held and cuddled. This is actually a great reminder for me to stop, forget about dinner or homework, the mess in the house, and just talk, play and hold him. After some quality time, he is happy to follow the other kids while I make dinner.
And he can eat! I think many times he eats more than Paige. You know he's done with whatever he is eating when he starts dropping it on the floor. He may not be done eating altogether but done with that "course".
He continue to crawl and furniture walk... but does not show any interest in walking on his own. He loved to climb the stairs, clap and play "peek a boo". He is still "Bob" and we all find ourselves referring to him as Bob more often. This does not bother me but I think other people think this it is odd.
We learned this week that our Illinois readoption is COMPLETE! Our attorney was terrific and made the whole process easy. The Illinois certificate of foreign birth should some in about 6 weeks. Since he already has a passport and social security card, this was the last document on my list. Yeah!
Sleep--- Well, that was going really well until he got a cold and then 4 molars a the same time. He can wake 1-3 times starting at midnight depending on the night. Not sure what to do about this... but he did sleep thru the night last night.
I almost forgot- I may be a really bad blogger but I am not a complete slacker! During this break from blogging I was able to draft Danny's lifebook! I still need to research a few little things and finish one page and it will go to print! I totally reccommend Asia lifebooks (links below) for the education on how/what to write and digital scrapbook kits for the pages/templates.
Have a happy valentines day and Chinese New Year! Maybe I will post again in March????

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the readoption! It's so nice to have that done!! Say, do you mind if I link to your blog Katie? I just realized now that I hadn't.

    Good luck with sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful update to see!!

    LOVE the sweet pics of all 3 of your chicks; isn't it amazing how our girls are just always willing to pose and smile for us ~ Mamas with cameras! :) They are all so cute!

    Still SO impressed with the Lifebook and congratulations on the readoption ~ another big milestone!

    He just sounds wonderful and who knows? He may go from cruising right to running! LOL

    Sorry to hear about the small sleep set back; we have experienced that too during teething; its tough and hard when it feels like a backwards step. But it will pass ~ I hated it, but after realizing Tyler was waking me up multiple times a night(weeks after the teeth had alreayd broken through!) just to have some extra Midnight (and beyond!) time with Mama :) I had to just start peeking in the door and whispering soothing things rather than picking him up. He wasn't pleased, but it worked!

    Of course if he's in pain or truly upset I cuddle him happily ~ but that Little Man was simply developing a new (and exhausting ) bad habit! LOL Keeps me on my toes for sure!

    Big hugs and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete